Beth and I put in a long day yesterday working on our camper. It was fun, but I was shot by the time we took the camper back to the storage area. Beth really worked hard on the outside. She was working on removing the oxidation from the gel coat finish, and did a great job. We’d started this a few weeks ago, and Beth got about half the trailer done yesterday. It’s a three step process we’re using: First is to remove the oxidation with a cutting pad and a special RV / Boat oxidation chemical. Second is a polish using another cutting pad and our Porter Cable buffer. Then we are applying wax after all that. It really changes the appearance in a good way.
I helped a little. I was working on other issues though. I got the flat panel TV installed and found a way to hook up the 12v system. The TV shipped with just two bare wires to install it. The TV fit really well size wise. I also installed a new digital antenna head for the existing antenna. It all is working well and I’m pleased. Can’t say that I really knew what I was doing, but I guess I knew just enough to get it all installed.
I also installed a new deep discharge battery. I am still trying to figure out the 12v system. It isn’t working so far. I may need to got to our friends at the RV dealership and admit that I don’t know what I’m doing. If I have to I will. Reluctanctly.
So all-in-all we had a hard day of work, but we had fun doing it and like to stand back and see the results of the hard efforts.
Sorry, but I simply didn’t remember to video any of this work. It probably wouldn’t have made a great video anyway, but I am trying to get more involved in capturing the images of events. We will try to post a couple videos from our first camping trip coming up soon. That ought to be more worth a look anyway.